Archive for July 2014
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate on Windows Server 2012 R2
The MCSA: Windows Server 2012 R2 is a mid-level certification that covers skills required to manage Windows Server 2012 operating system, client-server structure, network infrastructure, virtualization, etc.
70–410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
· Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
· Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
· Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
· Implementing Networking Services
· Implementing Local Storage
· Implementing File and Print Services
· Implementing Group Policy
· Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
70–411: Administering Windows Server 2012
· Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
· Managing User and Service Accounts
· Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
· Configure and Troubleshoot DNS
· Configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access
· Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server role
· Optimizing File Services
· Increasing File System Security
· Implementing Update Management
70–412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
· Implementing Advanced Network Services
· Implementing Advanced File Services
· Implementing Dynamic Access Control
· Implementing Network Load Balancing
· Implementing Failover Clustering
· Implementing Disaster Recovery
· Implementing AD CS
· Implementing AD FS
Security+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT.
Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that demonstrates competency in:
· Network security
· Compliance and operational security
· Threats and vulnerabilities
· Application, data and host security
· Access control and identity management
Achieving CompTIA Security+ certification confirms that you not only can apply knowledge of security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security incidents, but you also can anticipate security risks and guard against them.
Ideal candidates for CompTIA Security+ certification have:
At least two years of experience in IT administration with a focus on security
Day-to-day technical information security experience
CompTIA Network+ certification (recommended)
· Mitigating threats
· User- and role-based security
· Peripheral security
· Public key infrastructure
· Application and messaging security
· Ports and protocols
· Network security
· Wireless security
· Remote access security
· Vulnerability testing and monitoring
· Organizational security
· Business continuity
VMware vSphere 5 Administration
VMware is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure. And vSphere from VMware is the industry’s most complete virtualization platform, used by more than 250,000 customers worldwide.
vSphere 5 enables users to run business-critical applications with confidence and respond to business needs faster.
At the end of the course, you should gain an understanding of the functionality in vSphere 5 and be able to do the following:
· Install and configure ESXi
· Install and configure vCenter Server components
· Configure and manage ESXi networking and storage using Center Server
· Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
· Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
· Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
· Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
· Use VMware vCenter Update Manager to apply ESXi patches
· Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection
The Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification is appropriate for experienced Linux system administrators who want to explore the virtualization features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
In this course you will acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux and Microsoft Windows virtual machines.
· Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization overview
· Understand general virtualization, KVM concepts, and Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization platform.
· Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
· Install, test, remove, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
· Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor
· Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor.
· Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment configuration
· Create and configure datacenters, clusters, storage domains, and logical networks.
· Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers
· Install, perform basic management of, and troubleshoot virtual servers and images.
· Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops
· Install virtual desktops and configure paravirtualized drivers.
· Virtual machine templates
· Create Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® virtual machines with template images.
· Pools and users
· Use pools and deploy the user portal with multilevel administrative roles.
· Monitoring and reports
· Monitor Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and create custom reports.
· Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
· Back up and restore Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization; CLI and API interfaces.
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts
· Manage virtual machines with Red Hat Network.
· Migration and high availability
· Migrate a virtual machine and explore high availability
· Comprehensive review
· Apply the performance objectives learned throughout the course
Microsoft provided deep, hands-on, expert-to-expert training and rigorous examination to measure the knowledge and practical skills of Microsoft Certified Solutions Masters to ensure they had the skills required to reduce risks, improve effectiveness and increase efficiency in delivering business productivity solutions.
The MCSM certification was created to validate an IT professional’s ability to design and build innovative solutions for complex on-premises, off-premises and hybrid enterprise environments in specified technologies.
To be accepted into the MCSM certification program, MCSM candidates were required to earn an expert level certification for the associated technology. This helped validate their breadth of expertise in a specific Microsoft technology.
IT professionals who achieved an MCSM certification were required to pass the MCSM knowledge exam and the MCSM lab exam, which tested their ability to design and build innovative solutions for complex on-premises, off-premises and hybrid enterprise environments.
Five or more years of hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting one of the following technologies:
· SQL Server
· One or more years of hands-on experience with the current version of the technology
· Thorough understanding of the technology’s design and architecture
· Thorough understanding of Active Directory, DNS and other core network services related to the technology
SSCM 2012 : Administering and Deploying
In our Microsoft System Center 2012 Administration training you will learn how to learn how to plan the SSCM 2012 SP1,build,capture,deploy and manage an OS image,deploy applcations and software updates,manage client agent settings,manage hardware and software inventory,etc.
In this training official syllabus for Microsoft MCTS: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (Exam 70-243). will be covered.
Following topics will be covered:
· Design and Plan System Center Configuration Manager Infrastructure
o Plan System Center Configuration Manager hierarchy and site system roles.
o Plan and configure security.
o Define the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
· Manage Operating System Deployment (OSD)
o Configure the OSD environment.
o Build and capture an image.
o Deploy an image.
o Manage images.
· Deploy Applications and Software Updates
o Create an application.
o Deploy an application.
o Monitor application deployment.
o Manage the software library and application catalog.
o Create and monitor software updates.
o Configure FEP clients by using System Center Configuration Manager.
· Manage Compliance Settings
o Build a Configuration Item (CI).
o Create and monitor a baseline.
· Manage Sites
o Manage collections.
o Monitor site health.
o Configure software updates.
o Manage site communications.
o Manage boundary groups.
o Manage role-based security.
· Manage Clients
o Deploy clients.
o Manage mobile devices.
o Manage client agent settings.
· Manage inventory
o Manage hardware inventory.
o Manage software inventory.
o Monitor inventory data flow.
· Manage Reports and Queries
o Build queries.
o Create reports.
o Manage SSRS.